- Q: How can I apply for a loan?
A: Please contact one of our loan officers to schedule an appointment or to fill out an application over the phone call (573) 785-8461 for Poplar Bluff, (573) 815-7500 for Columbia, or (573) 222-3503 for Puxico.
- Q: How do I set up direct deposit for my payroll checks?
A: After your checking account has been opened, you will receive our routing number and your individual account number. If your employer participates in a direct deposit program, simply provide this information to your payroll department at your company and your direct deposit will usually begin within 30 days.
- Q: How do I rent a Safe Deposit Box?
A: Obtaining a safe deposit box is actually a very simple process. All you need to do is come by our main branch, located at 704 North Westwood Blvd in Poplar Bluff; you will sign a contract and receive your box and keys.
- Q: Are the contents of my safe deposit box covered by FDIC insurance?
A: No, the contents of your safe deposit box are not covered by FDIC insurance. Your save deposit box is strictly a storage space provided by the bank in a secured vault.
- Q: Can I order checks online?
A: Yes, Order Checks
FMB Online Banking
- Q: How do I sign up for FMB Online Banking?
A: You will need to contact our Customer Service department at (573) 785-8461, come to any of our branch locations and fill out an application, or enroll online (see below).
- Q: Can I sign up for FMB Online Banking using the Internet?
A: Yes, It only takes a few minutes to register for Internet Banking and once you're registered you can use our Mobile Banking app too. Enroll for Internet Banking.
- Q: What are the advantages of FMB Online Banking?
A: It’s fast, it’s easy, it’s 24/7 and it’s FREE.
- Q: Can I view my transaction history online and how far back can I go?
A: Yes, you can view all transactions for the past 30 days.
- Q: Can I download my bank information into financial management software; if so which software is compatible?
A: Yes, it is compatible with Quicken and QuickBooks.
- Q: Can I transfer funds from one account to another online and is there a fee?
A: Yes, you can transfer funds using online banking and there is not a fee for doing so.
- Q: How secure is my information in online banking?
A: Keeping financial information secure and confidential within FMB Online Banking is one of our most important responsibilities. Whenever personal information is requested or displayed on our website we use encryption technology, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL), to prevent unauthorized access to data. We are committed to safe and secure online banking and to provide you with peace of mind when you access your account information.
Deposit and Savings
- Q: What type of Savings Accounts do you offer?
A: We offer Statement Savings, Tiered Money Markets, Christmas Club and Kids Club. If you would like further information please contact our customer service department at (573) 785-8461.
- Q: Is there a minimum amount to open an account?
A: Yes, $5.00 for Kids Club, $50.00 for checking, $100.00 for savings, and $1000.00 for money market.
- Q: Are my deposits FDIC insured?
A: Yes, each individual customer’s account is insured by the FDIC up to $250,000 per depositor.
- Q: Can I apply for a loan before I have a home to purchase?
A: Yes, you may provide the required documentation for a loan pre-approval to verify income, debts and assets prior to your purchase. Once we obtain a credit report, we can make a credit only loan decision. This process is called a pre-approval.
- Q: What is title insurance and why do I need it?
A: Title insurance protects the lender (lender’s policy) and the homeowner (owner’s policy) against loss resulting from disputes over ownership of the property. Title insurance also lists any current liens against the property and current tax information.